Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I am a little OCD

I have issues I dislike Styrofoam. It is gross to me. It sticks on everything and is everywhere. My daughter knows very well that this stuff drives me crazy When she was little she loved breaking it up and then it was everywhere. So this is what my daughter did one Saturday, a few months ago. This was also the first time I gave my two daughters who share a room the silent treatment. She made this huge darling pillow with my mother in law. She loved it. Then the foam beads started falling out. She thought she would pour them all out and then cover her whole body with them and then get them back into the pillow. I was leaving to go out to lunch with my CTMH friends and called downstairs to see if anyone wanted their hair done before I left. My daughter came running up the stairs and she was covered in these so called beads. I couldn't see the stairs they were covered with these Styrofoam beads. I looked at her and asked her what she was thinking and then I stopped talking to her. I thought this was better than saying hurtful things. My husband said to her you have made a very very bad mistake and then quarantined them to their room for the rest of the day, where they had to vaccum each item on their floor with the shop vac and then hang it up or put it away. It took all day. I hoped they learned their lesson but I doubt it. I was very angry and did eventually talk to them and Santa did come, but I was mad. Being a Mom is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sad News

 I never thought I would be writing this post.  On Feb 27, 2024, I got an email from the Founder and CEO, of Close to my Heart. Letting us m...