Saturday, April 27, 2013

Quilts


Did you know my Mom makes quilts?  She does and she is amazing at it.This quilt is for my sister who just recently got married. Don't you just love the colors.  Hopefully someone in my family learns this skill and continues the quilt making fun. My Mom has made quilts for all my siblings, her siblings and all my cousins when they have gotten married.  She hand quilts, no fancy machine and her stitches are very very tiny.  She often designs the patterns and then draws them on the quilt. Each one of my siblings got a special quilt when we received our Young Women award or Eagle Scout award.  Since I have 4 brothers, when the last brother received his quilt it had 5 eagles on it, which represented my brothers and my Dad who had all received their Eagles. She is amazing.

Everyone needs creativity in their lives.  Find what you love and have fun creating.
 I play with paper and stamps and that is because, when I cut paper it is exactly how I want it cut, it stays the shape I cut it and it doesn't change shape when I add things to decorate it.  Sounds a little OCD.  I know, I'm different. I have a daughter that loves fabric, when asked if she had a million dollars what she would do with it, she said buy a lot of fabric. I am grateful for a mother that taught me to be creative and to share your talents with others.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sad News

 I never thought I would be writing this post.  On Feb 27, 2024, I got an email from the Founder and CEO, of Close to my Heart. Letting us m...