Saturday, July 5, 2014

Guess what happened in June?  A lot!  I was in charge of Girls camp in my ward.  We have a lot of young women and coordinating a camp for them for 4 days takes a lot of time.  I am sorry for being missing in action.  Also 2 days after Girls Camp I left for Close to my Hearts annual convention in California.  I had a great time and now I am exhausted.
      Girls camp was all planned for us by our stake leaders and then we had a fluke snow storm up at the property we were planning on camping at.  It wasn't just a little snow, it was 4-5 inches of snow.  The stake leaders decided to cancel the stake camp and give the camp back to the wards and have each ward plan their own camp.  I found out this information on Tuesday night, and we were planning on heading up to the campsite on Wednesday morning at 7 am. So I had to re-plan a camp that we had been planning for about 6 months, in a matter of hours.  We couldn't just cancel the camp either because we had already bought all the food, and all the leaders had made arrangements for children and work schedules.  So with all the leaders at my house we planned a camp for 34 girls and we pulled it off, as I look back now, I wonder how did we ever did it.  I am not going to dwell on that but we did it.  I think all the girls had fun and all the parents were supportive.  Some of the activities we did were, hike ensign peak, watch the Joseph Smith movie, certification at Liberty Park, Hike really long hikes, Have devotionals, eat smores, eat a lot of food, make necklaces and bracelets, watch a movie on a garage, testimony meeting, sing, sleep in tents, and pack up and go home.  It was not the camp we expected but we pulled it off and I had an army of angels to help me and support me and I am so grateful to them and my Heavenly Father.  I feel very blessed. (and tired, did I mention that already. :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sad News

 I never thought I would be writing this post.  On Feb 27, 2024, I got an email from the Founder and CEO, of Close to my Heart. Letting us m...