Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Wreath!







This is my wreath. I can say this because I saw a picture of a wreath from another persons blog and thought that was so cute. So I printed it out and added it to my stack of things I think are so cute. When I was chosen to teach at the CTMH convention, I was sent 3 stamp sets to play with. I was excited but struggled because one of them was a music set. This is not something I would normally buy. Don't get me wrong I like to listen to music occasionally, but have no musical talent with notes and instruments. Okay, so I put the set aside and then did all my other stuff with the other stamp sets. They was a christmas set, which I loved and a animal set. (I had to think a little, I need to get back to creating!!!!) Eventually, I finished all the stuff I had planned to do and I did use the music set on some of my Halloween stuff but hadn't really showcased it in anyway, so I came across the wreath again, and I decided to try it. Now this is where I can say this wreath is mine. I tend to change things a lot. We all have our own style, and mine is very prominent in my brain, and I can't follow the rules or the directions, when it comes to being creative. I made the wreath and I look at the picture I was looking at, and wonder what I can say I actually copied. Maybe it's the way I moved a certain leaf to be in the same position as the picture. Pathetic I am. Oh! Well. One a Side note this is how I made the wreath and it is much more cute and darling in real life. I cut out circles about the size of a small butter plate but I just freehanded them and they did not look cute. Then I stamped music notes and things that are related to music notes -that I have no idea what their names are, in first, and second generation stamping and then I cut them like a lollipop. I then started on the outer edge of the spiral and rolled the paper and took my liquid glass (the best product ever) and put the glass on the bottom of the roll and let go, attaching it to a circle punch out. And then I let it dry overnight. This is a messy project and my hands looked like a black glue ball but the glue does come off in a few days and look at the wreath it was totally worth it. I did hot glue the flowers to the green foam wreath I purchased at the dollar store. I did wrap the green foam wreath in a linen ribbon I already owned which made it look nice, my husband commented that the ribbon would be great for a mummy costume, the ribbon is way cuter and I would not waste my ribbon on that plus we have all girls and no one has ever chosen to be a mummy so I think me and my ribbon are safe. and I did cut the green leaves out free hand with a couple different colors of green. Olive, and Sweet Leaf. What do you think?????


Its a good thing I do spell check or read through but some of the mistakes I did make are pretty funny. Maybe I should just leave them in.........


These pics are taken on my bed at the Disneyland Hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sad News

 I never thought I would be writing this post.  On Feb 27, 2024, I got an email from the Founder and CEO, of Close to my Heart. Letting us m...